So here is my first sweet treat post! I came across this on Pinterest and found the full recipe on brooklynlimestone.com
Banana Toffee Pie:
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream
1 pie crust
1 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 small bar of chocolate
1) Take the label off the can of condensed milk and place it in a boiling pot of water for 2.5 hours. Make sure the lid is on the whole time! This creates toffee.
2) I’m going to cheat a little on this part and plan on buying an pre-made pie crust!
3) Cut up bananas into little slices and arrange them in the crust.
4) To make the whipped cream, whip cold cream and vanilla together until sufficiently whipped.
5) Once the condensed milk or toffee is done boiling, open the can, mix with a knife until smooth, and then smooth is over the banana slices.
6) Spread whipped cream over the whole pie.
7) Grate chocolate bar over pie for a topping. (totally optional!)
8) Put in fridge to set for at least an hour.
I’m so excited to try this recipe. I feel like it’s the perfect dessert for fall! Especially around Thanksgiving.